Advertisement. Click on the ad for more information.
Winding Oak's Bookology Magazine

6 Responses to Audio-Books: A Three Week Series

1. Karen Heuiser June 19, 2014 at 7:26 am #

This made me wish my kids were older (which never happens!) so we could listen to these! 😉

2. Jill June 19, 2014 at 7:36 am #

Hey MHH, do you have a recommendation for my two sweeties, 7 and 10? Because we have a car trip to the mountains ahead of us as well:) Like Karen said, I wish mine were older so this Bloody Jack series would work for us – it sounds right up our alley!

• Melanie Hill June 22, 2014 at 10:20 pm #

Jill and Pat–this week’s RRB will have a recommendation that might for you….. And I’ll think on those ages and see if I can come up with a couple more…. Our local library has a great selection and we’ve found many great ones on ACCIDENT! I mean, Serendipity!

3. Pat June 19, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Can’t wait for a good series for a 4 going on 14, and an almost 8 going 18 year old…..they do music on car trips now, but audio books would be a change……even if not in the car!

4. Beth Braun June 22, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

I absolutely LOVE the Bloody Jack series. I have read them all (and actually listened to the first one, too!) I want to know what you decide to listen to for THIS COMING car trip, too. I listen to audiobooks all of the time in transit and on my iPod doing dishes, so I go through a lot of them! (May I suggest When You Reach Me but only if the kids have read A Wrinkle in Time? Oh, I could go on.) As a side note, are you still doing story time at The Bookcase?

• Melanie Hill June 22, 2014 at 10:16 pm #

Hi Beth!
      We are packing To Kill A Mockingbird (I knew you’d approve!) and the second in the Sally Lockhart series by Philip Pullman. Also a couple of our beloved Swallows and Amazons recordings. And we love When You Reach Me, though I can’t imagine listening to it…. And you and yours? Do you have a trip and books planned? This week’s RRB talks about a book for your kiddos’ ages. (See what I did there–now you have to read it!)