Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Eat dessert first! Inspired by Rube Goldberg’s love of Cool Whip (and Sarah’s love of writing what makes her happy!)
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 2 eggs plus 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1−1÷2 cups heavy cream
- 1−1÷2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1−1÷2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 to 8 croissants
- Cool Whip!
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
- Whisk 2 eggs plus 4 egg yolks together. Set aside.
- Over a low flame, combine 2 cups whole milk, 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, 1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp salt in a sauce pan until smooth.
- Add 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, 1 1⁄2 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla .
- Slowly add milk-and-chocolate mixture to the eggs. Don’t be aggressive! (If you do, you
- will get scrambled eggs.)
- Butter an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Cut 6–8 croissants into cubes and place in dish.
- Pour chocolate mixture over croissants. Let them sit to soak up all the chocolatey goodness. Be patient!
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45–50 minutes.
- Scoop on some Cool Whip and eat!
Bookology Magazine https://www.bookologymagazine.com/