Twisted Tots Hotdish
For a delicious hot dish, which Trev's grandmother may well have cooked for him, you can't beat this slightly different take on the Tater Tot Hotdish. Because it's a Minnesota thing, don't you know?
Write a review
- 1 lb very lean ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
- 2 cups tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Press uncooked ground beef into an 11x7” baking dish. Spread the tater tots evenly on top of the ground beef. Pour the soup over the tater tots. Sprinkle the diced bell peppers, bacon, and French fried onions on top of the soup. Distribute one cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the casserole, breaking the meat into chunks. Add the rest of the cheese and cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until top of casserole looks as enticing as you’d like it to look.
Bookology Magazine http://www.bookologymagazine.com/