When you’re done with a day of tromping through the primordial savannah, on the lookout for dinosaurs, have some of these on hand for your avid dinosaur fans.
- 6 medium hard-boiled eggs
- 1.5 lbs ground spicy sausage
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Hot sauce optional
- Brown mustard optional
- Peel boiled eggs. Mix seasonings and bread crumbs together.
- Divide sausage into six equal amounts.
- Flatten sausage into thin patties and wrap around eggs.
- Roll each egg in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Fry eggs in hot oil until well browned, turning frequently.
- May also be baked in oven at 325 deg F for 25 minutes or until browned
- Serve with hot sauce or mustard if desired.
Adapted from allthecooks.com