Princess Posey’s Crazy Lazy Vacation Cookies
If you like crispy, crunchy cookies and the taste of almonds, you’ll love these!
Write a review
- 1 ¾ cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- Grated peel of one orange, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven until lightly browned and fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Combine almonds and sugar in food processor and grind to a fine powder. Transfer to a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs whites until stiff peaks form. (Tip: if you beat the whites in a bowl over simmering water, they’ll beat faster. You can do it by hand or with a mixer. It’s fun!)
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture; fold in almond extract; fold in grated orange peel.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer almond mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a ½-inch plain tip.* Pipe twenty 2-inch rings onto prepared sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can cut the corner off a large plastic bag and use it. It’s not perfect, but it works.
Bookology Magazine https://www.bookologymagazine.com/